Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
Sponsored by: Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning with support from the Office of the Provost and the Graduate School.
Established in 2019, the Graduate Teaching Assistant Award recognizes the importance of graduate teaching assistants who support teaching and learning at the University of Mississippi.
Nomination Form Due: March 23
Application Packet Due: April 15
Eligibility: Graduate student instructors who are in good academic standing, making progress toward degree, and teaching in Spring 2019.
To nominate a graduate teaching assistant for CETL’s Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, please complete the following:
* An online nomination form must be submitted by March 23.
* Notification of nominations will be sent to graduate students by March 25.
* Nominated graduate assistants will submit an application packet by April 15.
* Receipt of the award will be notified by May 1.
After receiving notification of their nominations, graduate teaching assistants must submit the following application materials:
- A current resume or vita.
- A list graduate instructor workshops or trainings attended since enrolled in UM’s Graduate School
- Any additional evidence that supports the nominations, e.g. student emails, faculty support comments, and photos depicting nominee’s interacting with students in class.
- Application materials must be submitted by April 15th in any of the following ways:
- Online: Upload a file containing all materials to box via online nominee form (link emailed with notification)
- Email: Send compressed file to email@example.com
Award Selection: Members of the CETL Advisory Board will review applications and conduct class observations. The recipient will be contacted at the end of May 1.
Recognition: The recipient is presented a plaque at the doctoral hooding ceremony on May 18, 2018. In addition, he/she will receive $500.00.