Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
Sponsored by: Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning with support from the Office of the Provost and the Graduate School.
Established in 2019, the Graduate Teaching Assistant Award recognizes the importance of graduate teaching assistants who support teaching and learning at the University of Mississippi.
Nomination Form Due: April 10
Application Packet Due: April 30
Eligibility: Graduate student assistants who are in good academic standing, making progress toward degree, and supporting courses in Spring 2020.
To nominate a graduate teaching assistant for CETL’s Graduate Teaching Assistant Award, please complete the following:
* An online nomination form must be submitted by April 10.
* Notification of nominations will be sent to graduate students by April 11.
* Nominated graduate assistants will submit an application packet by April 30.
* Receipt of the award will be notified by May 15.
After receiving notification of their nominations, graduate teaching assistants must submit the following application materials:
- A current resume or vita.
- A list graduate instructor workshops or trainings attended since enrolled in UM’s Graduate School
- Any additional evidence that supports the nominations, e.g. student emails, faculty support comments, and photos depicting nominee’s interacting with students in class.
- Application materials must be submitted by April 30th in any of the following ways:
- Online: Upload a file containing all materials to box via online nominee form (link emailed with notification)
- Email: Send compressed file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Award Selection: Members of the CETL Advisory Board will review applications and conduct class observations. The recipient will be contacted by May 15.
Past and Current Recipients:
- 2020 Sarah Amonett – Biology
- 2019 Jennifer Toth – Pharmacy