The Center will video-record classes for any university teacher. An initial appointment is required prior to the actual video-recording, at which time the following will be discussed.
- Goals and focus of the video-recording session
- Plan to tell students about the video-recording and with explanations that no individual students will be recorded, nor will any video-recording be used for any purpose other than to provide feedback to the teacher about the session
- Actual video-recording of class to focus only on the teacher
- Observation of the video-recording by the Center staff involved with notes made to review with the teacher
- Observation of the video-recording by the teacher
- Conference of the Center staff member and the teacher with any subsequent recommendations made to the teacher
- Video-recording becomes the property of the teacher with a recommendation to be erased during the semester of the recording
Conferences regarding video-recording sessions are private with only the teacher and the Center staff member involved. All reports are given to the teacher.