Pharmaceutical Sciences Teaching Award
Sponsored by: School of Pharmacy
Date nominations due: None
Faculty eligible for the Pharmaceutical Sciences Teacher of the Year Award are those with professional appointments in the School of Pharmacy that are involved with the instruction of students in the B.S.P.S. degree program (PY1 and PY2 courses).
There is no nomination process. The awards are voted on by the graduating class of the B.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Active teacher of professional courses
- Relationship of the teacher to the professional students in and out of the classroom*
- Availability of the faculty member to the professional students*
- Extracurricular activities*
- Effectiveness in class**
- Ability to motivate students
- Difficulty of course is not to be a deterrent factor
- Attitude toward teaching and toward students
*It is suggested that emphasis be placed on interaction with students relating to committee work or to academic or career objectives rather than on purely social or sporting activities.
**Specific suggested criteria include the following: clarity, comprehensibility, making students feel comfortable to ask questions, and a sense of humor.
Past and Current Recipients:
2005 Steven P. Stodghill
2006 Noel E. Wilkin
2007 Noel E. Wilkin
2008 Stephen Cutler
2009 Stephen Cutler
2010 David J. McCaffrey, III and Christopher R. McCurdy
2011 John M. Rimoldi and, Erin R. Holmes
2012 Soumyajit Majumdar and Stephen Cutler
Website Address: http://pharmacy.olemiss.edu/